A 54-bed nonprofit hospital operated under the direction of the Adventist Health System, the acute care facility has provided quality healthcare to the Jellico community since 1974. The new partnership with Vista significantly expands patient services while enhancing medical technology offered by the hospital.
“We welcome Vista radiology to our region of upper East Tennessee,” said Erik Wangsness, Jellico Community Hospital CEO.
Jellico Community Hospital becomes Vista’s eleventh hospital in which it provides radiology services, the tenth in East Tennessee. Vista Radiology President Daryl Harp, M.D. said Vista “is excited to serve the people of Jellico and we look forward to getting to know them better.”
Established over 50 years ago as Fort Sanders Radiology, Vista Radiology has 37 board-certified radiologists providing the highest levels of radiology expertise, including 24-hour teleradiology services and sub-specialized radiographic interpretations.
Vista Radiology also specializes in endovascular repair of aneurysms, acute stroke treatments, breast biopsy and radiofrequency ablation, in Knoxville and the surrounding areas. Vista’s membership includes fellowship trained radiologists specializing in body / cross sectional imaging, MR imaging, musculoskeletal radiology, neuro-interventional radiology, neuroradiology, cardiac imaging & thoracic radiology, cardiovascular / interventional radiology, women’s imaging / breast intervention, PET & nuclear medicine, and pediatric radiology.
Vista provides radiology services for 11 hospitals, both in East Tennessee and around the country:
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
- Fort Sanders Parkwest Medical Center
- Fort Sanders Sevier Medical Center
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center
- Roane Medical Center (Harriman, TN)
- East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- Sky Ridge Medical Center (Cleveland, TN area)
- Claiborne County Hospital (Tazewell, TN)
- Lakeway Regional Hospital (Morristown, TN)
- Advanced Healthcare Medical Center (Ellington, MO)
- Jellico Community Hospital (Jellico, TN)
Additionally, Vista services outpatient facilities such as:
- Fort Sanders West Diagnostic Center
- Thompson Cancer Survival Breast Center
- Thompson Cancer West
- Parkwest Comprehensive Breast Center
- The Breast Center at LeConte Medical Center
- Outpatient Diagnostic Center of Knoxville
- Healthstar Physicians, P.C.
- McKenzie Medical Center, P.C.
Aaron Shoopman, Administrator