Knoxville, Tenn. – Don’t miss out on the fun, the bragging rights, the great prizes and the chance to hook the biggest, ugliest fish you’ve ever caught on the fly during the 3 Rivers Carp Cup. Come and match wits with the wily and elusive common carp on some of the finest carp waters anywhere in the world.
The 3 Rivers Carp Cup tournament will be held from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25 on the Holston, French Broad, and Tennessee Rivers in the greater Knoxville area. Two divisions will vie for the chance of holding the Carp Cup aloft as individual wade/kayak/paddle board anglers and two to three person teams will compete for prizes, fame and fortune.
An informal meet and greet will be held on Friday, Aug. 24 at the Outdoor Knoxville Adventure Center located at Volunteer Landing. Registration for the 3 Rivers Carp Cup is $50 and will include an official 3 Rivers Carp Cup shirt and drinks and dinner on both Friday and Saturday nights.
For information on registration, rules, and accommodations please visit the 3 Rivers Carp Cup website at www.3riverscarpcup.com or call 3 Rivers Angler at (865) 200-5271.
The Outdoor Knoxville Adventure Center will be the hub of Outdoor KnoxFest activities, which in addition to the 3 Rivers Carp Cup, include:
- An all-day urban adventure race
- A 40-mile scenic bike ride organized by the Smoky Mountain Wheelmen
- A cross-country mountain bike time trial designed by the Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
- An urban trail run organized by the Knoxville Track Club
- 3-mile history hike guided by former Olympian Missy Kane
- A leisurely out-and-back bike ride to Ijams Nature Center
- Family activities
- Free boat and bike rentals
- A climbing wall and slack line
For more information on or to register for Outdoor KnoxFest, visit www.outdoorknoxville.com.
For more information, high resolution images, b-roll video, or to arrange interviews, please contact Erin Freeman at (865) 584-0550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.